We are always looking for needy families to help. At the end of each of our sales, vendors donate lots of unsold items. Those items include clothing, household items, electronics, baby items, and more. We often end up with a entire truckload full, to go straight to needy families. We support the following charities:
The Good Samaritan Center’s mission is to assist families and individuals in emergency situations. We work closely with other organizations to form a “network of helping hands.” Our motto is “if we can’t help, we should know (or be able to find out) who can.”
History — The Good Samaritan Center is a private, non-profit social service agency. It is funded by churches, private contributions, and fund-raising. It was started in 1972 under the direction and financial support of seven Jackson churches. Since that time, The Good Samaritan Center has grown to include a main office in Jackson and a branch in Laurel, Mississippi.
Good Samaritan Laurel is a branch of The Good Samaritan Center, Inc. Our Laurel office services the Pinebelt area with Jones County as its focus. We work hard to help families in crisis by collaborating with other agencies to form a “network of helping hands.” Our biggest Laurel program is our Community Soup Kitchen that offers a free nutritious noon time meal, Monday through Friday. This single program services hundreds of people on a daily basis.
Social Services– Good Samaritan attempts to help families and individuals in crisis by giving assistance during short-term emergency situations.
- Food Pantry — Assisting with food, personal care items and cleaning supplies during an emergency.
- Clothing Closet — Assisting families with free clothing up to four times per year in order to ease tight budgets.
- Furniture and Household Items — Helping fire victims, families coming out of shelters, and low income families secure needed household items.
- School Supplies — Providing school teachers with supplies for their classroom children.
- Financial Assistance — Providing financial payments for utilities, medicine, and other unusual needs when other resources or funding are not available.
NUTS sells surplus donated items not needed by our clients.
From antique and collectible connoisseurs to college students to midtown residents, to folks looking for a bargain, we have something for everyone.
NUTS is located behind The Good Samaritan Center, off Millsaps Ave.
New Hours of Operation:
Friday 9:30AM — 5:30PM
Saturday 10AM — 4PM
America’s Thrift Stores is a family owned, for profit company dedicated to:
- Providing best quality and service in merchandise at great prices.
- Spreading the Word of Jesus Christ by supporting christian based, family focused ministries.
- Recycling millions of pounds of items that would normally go to landfills.
America’s Thrift Stores purchases new and used items from local charities and department stores and provides additional, and often vital, funding for local Christian-based charities to benefit needy families and individuals.
America’s Thrift Stores, Inc. purchases a large amount of our merchandise from non-profit ministries like American Family Foundation, Teen Challenge, Home of Grace, and King’s Home. By purchasing from America’s Thrift Stores you are helping these ministries reach out and help others. Without your support, these ministries will not be able to reach as many people as they do. For more information please contact us.
(205) 856‑1234 in Alabama
(770) 996‑5900 in Georgia
(228) 872‑8401 in Mississippi
(423) 756‑5558 in Tennessee
Outreach Ministries are people with a mission. That mission is to help ease the suffering of the needy and to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Brookhaven Outreach Ministries is a community effort to meet the needs of the poor and unfortunate in our area. We understand, and care about those who are suffering.
It is our common desire to offer practical assistance — food, shelter, clothing, in the spirit of christian love. The assistance involves a foodbank that services 7 counties, a local food pantry, 20 beds emergency shelter, a thrift store, and many other community services.